- This event has passed.
SKYWARN Weather Spotting Training
February 27 @ 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Please register directly with the NWS at https://www.weather.gov/mrx/skywarn_classes
National Weather Service encourages anyone with an interest in public service to join the SKYWARN® program. Volunteers include police and fire personnel, dispatchers, EMS workers, public utility workers and other concerned private citizens. Individuals affiliated with hospitals, schools, churches and nursing homes or who have a responsibility for protecting others are encouraged to become a spotter.
Training is free and typically lasts about 2 hours. You’ll learn:
- Basics of thunderstorm development
- Fundamentals of storm structure
- Identifying potential severe weather features
- Information to report
- How to report information
- Basic severe weather safety